Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Funny Email

Funny to some is not funny to others!






To the Response and Management Team

“(Osho) International Meditation Resort, Pune, INDIA”

Please be very clear that the following is not a threat in any way. I am interested in exploring the situation at the resort through constructive dialogue - as has always been my approach.

At the (Osho) International Meditation Resort in Pune, India, there was a major water contamination problem 4 monsoons ago. The water treatment system was found to be in an absolutely deplorable state, and nothing of any substance was done to fix the problem. As per comments from the consulting microbiologist, the contamination problem was considerably worse 3 monsoons ago. Following the logic, as I have done so in other areas, that what I have reported is essentially nonsense (as per an e-Mail from Dr Amrito, and e-Mails from Dhyanesh), it is reasonable to assume that the water situation has continued on its historic trajectory.

More specifically, I am not aware of the situation with the last 2 monsoons - other than that they were very heavy. Also, though first diagnosed (that I am aware of) 4 monsoons ago, the deplorable state of the water treatment system at that time leads me to conclude that this was a problem going undiagnosed for some years prior - lets say for example 2 years (what I consider an optimistic guestimate). Plotting the chart, I have 4 years heading in a negative track, including 2 years of ignoring the problem. Adding to this the fact that my efforts to help fix the problem have led me to be "not welcome to visit" the centre (ie. banned or excommunicated), I therefore assume that the last two monsoons - both being very heavy - have produced major water contamination problems.

In simple terms I think it reasonable to conclude that some of the people that became sick whilst visiting the resort during the last (lets say) 6 years, did so because of the contaminated drinking water. Also, some water borne pathogens such as are prevalent in India can result in death. This logically leaves open the possiblity that a person(s) has died from the Resort's drinking water.
So my question is this, has anyone died from drinking contaminated water at the (Osho) International Meditation Resort, Pune, India?

Also, I have reason to believe the contamination of drinking water is by no means contained within the monsoon period, and that it is likewise also a worsening situation. Further, the contaminated drinking water goes into the food. Finally, there are numerous other significant issues that appear to me to be also worsening in nature.

Why would I think anything of any substance has been done to fix any of the other serious problems if I have been excommunicated for my endeavors? Also, to ignore a serious problem that has been clearly identified moves towards more and mores serious negligence - from civil to criminal - as does covering up any negligence!

Granted I am not welcome to visit the resort. However I am writing to request special permission to be a guest: as a criminal negligence investigator - to have a detailed look at the state of facilities at the centre and to ask some people some very specific questions - for example about microbiology test results over the last few years for both food and water.

I look forward to your prompt reply.

If you provide a free room in the guesthouse as part payment for my services that would be most welcome, though not at all necessary.

Yours sincerely,
Abhay.

The author of this letter takes no responsibility for any content, whether expressed or implied.

No comments: